The prom night is all about fun, and most girls in high school wait for the day to wear an outfit that’s anything but boring. With prom outfits, you have to be a bit more careful, because you are still in school and everything, including experimentation, should be in moderation. In this post, we bring 10 tips for find the right prom outfit that’s sexy and effective.
- Go online. Find a good Chicago dress retailer online, and you are likely to find more choices than your local stores. Online stores also have amazing discounts and deals.
- Don’t shy away from two-pieces. With a two-piece outfit, you can accentuate the waist without overdoing the skin show, and it’s okay to wear one for prom.
- Open backs are fine too. Yes, you can go for an open-back outfit, as long as the style is not over the top. Strappy backs are also in trend.
- Sequins are great too. Girls who are not a fan of cutouts and strappy outfits can go for a straight sequin dress, preferably in a solid color.
- Slits are in. If your height is a bummer, go for a dress that has a thigh high slit, which will just transform your look completely.
- Go easy on accessories. When the dress is right, don’t jump into too many accessories. For the prom night, play the glam girl with minimal styling.
- Make sure you are comfortable. Eventually, you want to spend the evening having a good time with your friends, so don’t miss on checking the comfort level of the selected outfit.
- Skin show should be minimal. It’s wise to go for cutouts or probably translucent outfits, instead of going for complete skin show.
- Experiment with colors. No color is a complete no-no for the prom, so do try shades of blue, green and red. Olive, peach, midnight blue and black are some of the trending colors.
- Have fun. Don’t stress too much over your outfit. It’s your confidence that will change the way an outfit or dress looks on you.
For saving some money, check for stores that stock varied prom dresses and has regular offers. If you are not sure of the size, go for at least two sizes, but ensure that the seller will accept returns. Some online stores have collections for different color categories and styles, so check for that and find something that can go down the memory lane.